Thursday, August 5, 2010

poems

I love writing, it's a part of who I am, it allows me to get whatever I'm feeling off my chest. I used to write a lot of poems, which is something I haven't done in a very,very long time. So, I thought I'd post some of my old poems here on my blog in hopes of getting my creative juices flowing again.

I wrote the first two about my dearest & oldest friend, Robbie, who in his late 20's was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. He's one of the strongest people I know.

Knows Me

Friends come and go in life

Few stay with you forever

I am among the lucky

With my forever friend

Another soul in this world

Knowing me inside and out

Music man, sing your song

Loudly, boldly

Free and wild

I love the music man

His music heart

His music soul

He sees in me things others don’t

I like his version better

He knows my moods

He knows my tones

He knows me

Knows me

Knows me

And

Loves me still


Free

Loving this life

Singing, dancing

Free

The songwriter

Writes

Composes

Loves

His soul soars

Free again

At home

His happy tones

Make my day

Brighten my world

Give me hope

Knowing he’s back

Challenges me

To be better

To strive for more

The songwriter

Was silent but

That’s no longer so

Loving this life

Singing, Dancing

Free

Free

Free



These two are rather self explanatory...I wrote them at a bad point in my life


Angry


Sitting, staring at a blank ‘page’

Wondering if words will flow from my fingers

Like tears down my face

So much hurt inside

Angry with the world

But more with myself

Bad choices

Wrong turns

To err is human…

But how much is too much…

Angry

So angry

Feeling like everything is beyond me

Beyond my control

Beyond my thoughts

Beyond my might

Wanting to change it

Wanting to be happy

I spend so much time wanting

Wanting

Wanting & being angry

So Angry….


Sadness


Sadness once a familiar friend

Now most days it can’t get in

Can’t break through,

My wall of happiness

Today…..

I left the gate open

In walked my familiar friend

Sit, stay, have a snack

I welcomed him in

Embraced him

Felt safe with him

Very soon he and I will dance

Round and round

To a melancholic tune

Then as he should

He’ll leave me again

Until then I remember

My dance with my familiar friend




This one is pretty long, and is just basically about how I see the world...


Peace & Love


Anger surrounds me
Frustration too so clear
Indifference, Indifference
Drowning in Indifference

Why don’t they care?
Shouldn’t they care?
I do, I do
Will you care with me?

Friend come with me
Hold my hand
We’ll walk through a field
Look at the beauty around us

Friend come with me
Hold my hand
We’ll walk through a field
Look at what we’re doing

I don’t know what to do
How do I make them see
This world is ours
We destroy it
We desert it
We abandon it

Fix yourself Mother Earth
Mother Nature….

Fight your wars
While we create our own
Peace big brother
Peace my mother
Peace little sister
Peace my father….

Peace, Peace,
Is there such a thing
Peace, Peace,
I’m scared it doesn’t exist

Indifference, Indifference
Drowning in Indifference

Don’t you care?
Come care with me…
Won’t you come and care with me?

Break down the walls
FIGHT FIGHT!!!
Fight for peace…
Fight with words
Fight with attitudes
Fight with ideas

Throw down your guns
Throw out your arms….
Love big brother
Love my Mother
Love little sister
Love my father

Peace and love
Oh peace and love

Idealistic but true
It can happen if we make it
It can happen if we allow it

Peace and love
Peace and love

My true ideals
Peace and love…


So that's it for now.....I think I after reading through a bunch of my poems I've found some inspiration to write again....






No comments:

Post a Comment