Monday, September 3, 2012

Clarity

Sometimes, I have moments of clarity in my life.
Knowing whole heartedly for a year that we would be moving home, because I had a moment of clarity. I put it out into the Universe. I set it free. I held up my end of the bargain. I believed. The Universe seemed to know I wasn't ready to work.  So, Jeff got the job that brought us back to Miramichi.
Well, anyhow...I've been having these moments of clarity lately. I need to lose weight. I'm terrified of the idea of not losing weight. I know that, I, like most other obese people, make promises to lose weight & get better all the time. I know that I'm just a cliche at this point, but I guess what I'm doing right now is asking you all for help. I feel like now is my time to do this for myself.
I need direction. I need common sense help. I need motivation.
I have a friend who says she has to lose an average adult male, and well, very sadly, so do I.
The truth hurts, but I have faith that it can be changed!
I get by with a little help from my friends

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Paula. One small step at a time. Start by making little changes and be patient with yourself. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight. You also don't need to spend any extra money to do it. Since you're home with Katie why not promise yourself you'll take her for a walk every day that it's not raining. Even if it's for 10 minutes. Before you know it you'll look forward to your walk and crave the endorphins from it (I know I do!). I won't lie; it's hard. When I started I remember being out for a walk (I started doing about 2km), going up a hill telling myself 'I can do this', 'my body is meant to move like this', 'keep going Sarah'. Eventually I pushed myself to walk 3km, then 4km, 5km and then 6km. Last night I walked 7km. I still find I need to push myself in the first kilometer of my walks and then once I get past that I feel like I can walk forever. Sometimes I have to talk myself out of going further reminding myself that I still have to turn around and walk back LOL.
    Join My Fitness Pal and look me up (samakain) and we can motivate each other. The site really works if you commit to it and be truthful. If you have a bad day, log it anyway and own up to it and know that tomorrow is a new day :)
    I believe in you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much of an inspiration you are to me. Seriously, Sarah, you amaze me!

      Delete