Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reality Check

Today I walked home from work, as I do most days, and I had a moments of pure & honest gratitude. One of those moment where in your head & heart you just are floored by the realization that you have so much to be grateful for. As most of you know the weather has been sweltering hot, not ideal by any means for a walk home from work even one that is just over 10 minutes as mine is. Well, I crossed the street like usual today & then for some reason stopped and turned around only to see this poor woman who was crossing as well but not nearly with the ease I had. It took her a dangerously long time to cross, the light turned green just as she stepped onto the sidewalk. In that moment I thought, be grateful for your ability to walk regardless of this heat. I then carried on with my walk home with a new sense of happiness & I thanked the Universe.

I guess sometimes it takes a reality check to put my gratitude back in line. I'm going to try & thank the Universe more for the day to day things that I take for granted. Although, I'm pretty sure the Universe is aware of my gratitude for being able to walk with ease now myself. It's something that I cannot believe I take for granted even though I absolutely know that I do. You'd think that someone who just couldn't have walked home from work 3 years ago would stop moaning about it so much. In fact, we used to work what..like 2 blocks from work & the walk would take me the better part of 20 minutes if I could do it at all, but today I walked 7 blocks in 11 minutes. Time to shut up about not wanting to do it and complaining that its too hot & just be grateful to be able to do it.

Thank you for the wake up call, Universe. I got the message loud & clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment